Foreshore Camping on the Mornington Peninsula
WhiteCliffs to Camerons Bight Foreshore Campgrounds are open to the public for camping from 19 November 2021 until the end of April 2022.
Scout, school, outdoor education and community groups are welcome all year round – Please contact our office on 035985 3288 to make a booking.
CONDITIONS – Our campgrounds are situated within a Crown Land reserve and some conditions do apply – including no pets, no fires (including coal BBQ’s) and only 1 vehicle per site – Camping Rules & Regulations document CAMPING RULES & CONDITIONS
XMAS PEAK SEASON – Please note that we are completely booked out between 18/12/2021 until 29/1/2022
How to book a campsite – 2021-22 Camping Season Only – Click on the YouTube link below:
COVID & CAMPING
The camping season is almost upon us! After a long winter of lockdowns, the Committee and staff can’t wait to welcome you back.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and the spread of the Delta variant throughout 2021, additional terms and conditions are in place specifically addressing the need to facilitate the safest foreshore environment possible for campers, staff, and the local community. These terms and conditions have been developed alongside our COVIDSafe plan and are mandatory for all campers on the foreshore.
While vaccination is not mandatory to camp at WCCB due to Public Health Directives regarding accommodation, vaccination against COVID-19 continues to be strongly encouraged by the Victorian Government and your vaccination efforts to date are greatly appreciated. Many Mornington Peninsula Restaurants, Attractions, and services require a vaccination certificate for entry, to make the most of what the Mornington Peninsula has to offer, ensure you get vaccinated.
During your stay at Whitecliffs to Camerons Bight, you must:
- Practice social distancing as directed by signage or staff, particularly in amenity blocks.
- Check in to the amenity block during every visit using the Service Victoria QR code app
- Inform WCCB management if you have any symptoms or are subject to any isolation requirements before your arrival.
- Inform WCCB management if you test positive to COVID-19 while on-site or 14 days post-departure
- Inform all guests and visitors on your campsite of their COVIDSafe obligations
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene where appropriate.
- Carry a face mask at all times; (in accordance with DH or CHO directives) refer https://www.DH.vic.gov.au/coronavirus for updates and direction.
- Apply a face mask before entering WCCB amenity blocks and maintain their use inside the amenity blocks (in accordance with DH or CHO directives related to mask use indoors).
- Wear a face mask when unable to socially distance.
- Limit your use of communal facilities to the same facilities throughout your stay.
- Work to maintain a Density Quotient of 4 within the amenity blocks at all times, by waiting outside the amenity block if the maximum number of patrons is reached
- Capture greywater and dispose of it safely at a dump point.
- Not shower on-site without the correct self-containing facilities.
- Comply with any other CHO direction or direction from WCCB staff in relation to COVID-19.
The Foreshore Manager has the authority to terminate the booking of an occupant upon any breach of these rules and conditions, to relocate or cancel any booking at his/her discretion, and to decline any application.
WhiteCliffs Campground (formerly Tyrone campground) is situated just one kilometre from Rye township. A total of 43 campsites on secluded coastal land with direct beach access, hot showers, toilets, a laundry facility, dump point and playground.
This campground is open from 11 December, 2021 until 24 April, 2022
Camerons Bight Campground Powered Sites (formerly Stringer Campground) is located 2km from Blairgowrie township. A total of 59 powered sites are nestled by the beach with hot showers, toilets, laundry facilities, dump point and a nearby BBQ area.
This campground is open from 19 November, 2021 until 24 April, 2022
Camerons Bight Foreshore Campground has 65 unpowered campsites, some with views of Port Phillip Bay. The campground offers some of the best foreshore camping on the Southern Peninsula and has direct beach access, hot showers, toilets, a laundry facility, dump point and BBQ area.
This campground is open from 18 December, 2021 until 14 March, 2022
Everyone’s Favourite Piece of the Mornington Peninsula
Sites fill up fast so book now to avoid missing out!